Diet Tips from The Bachelorette
Ali Fedotowsky is working hard to get her figure back after gaining 10 lbs while on ABC’s The Bachelorette. “I didn’t think much of it, but everyone noticed,” Ali confesses to OK! magazine. “I just wanted to eat more [while I was on the show]. I also wasn’t as active as I usually am at home.”
But, as soon as the filming of the show ended, Ali decided to make some changes in her routine. Here are Ali’s tips for losing 10 lbs:
1. Eat healthy 6 days a week, 1 day is cheat day: “I am good during the week, and one day I pig out,” Ali says. “I love pizza from Domino’s or Pizza Hut and a Diet Coke.”
2. Cook your own food. “I love egg white omelets because I can actually cook the egg whites myself!,” says Ali.
3. Buy your own food. “I go to the grocery store,” says Ali, “and I will buy the ready-made chicken breasts from the deli counter. I buy four or five at a time, and I’ll have them with a salad.”
4. Have healthy snacks. “I eat chicken breast as a high-protein snack with some honey mustard or barbecue sauce,” Ali says. “I also love air-popped popcorn.”
5. Supplement high calorie condiments with low cal replacements. “I use spray butter, which supposedly has no calories per serving,” Ali explains.
6. Motivate yourself to workout. “I tell myself, ‘All I have to do is put on my workout clothes,’” says Ali. And go to the gym — “chance are, once you’re there, you’ll work out.”
7. Do 30 minute cardio kicks. “I do the treadmill for about 30 minutes,” Ali says. “I [also] love kick-boxing. You can think of your ex-boyfriends while your doing it, like, ‘I HATE YOU!’”
8. Try a good pair of shoes. “I just got the Sketched Shape-ups sneakers and they really work,” Ali says. “I went for a walk wearing them, and it was really a good workout because I was using so many more muscles in my legs than I usually do.”
Now that Ali is down to the final two remaining bachelors — Chris Lambton and Roberto Martinez — we can’t wait to see which guy Ali is getting in shape for.