50 Cent Deals Final Blow To Mayweather With Vegas Decision

View Comments
(Photo Credit: Chris Trotman/Getty Images)

(Photo Credit: Chris Trotman/Getty Images)

Hot Topics:

 

 Ariana Grande’s Stalker: Super Creep or Crafty Performance Artist?: Watch

(Courtesy of Republic Records)

Pepsi Is Testing Out A New Doritos Mountain Dew Flavor ‘Dewritos’ [Pic]

Photo by Mat Hayward/Getty Images for Mountain Dew and Doritos

Woman Arrested For Crystal Meth Wears Worst Shirt Ever For Her Mug Shot! [PIC]

Debra Asher Mug Shot

50 Cent‘s boxing promoter license was approved by the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Thursday (November 15). Under his new company SMS Promotions, 50 Cent is in the ring as a boxing promoter. 

While he had already received his license in New York, Nevada is the boxing capital of the world. 50 originally set up his company as TMT (The Money Team) with Floyd Mayweather, Jr. before the two had a public spat. His SMS application was was approved in a 5-0 vote of the commission, according to ESPN.

At the hearing, 50 noted that he split with Mayweather because the boxer changed the plans after he served time in jail for domestic battery, “I had already invested $1.5 million in acquiring fighters and I would like to move forward,” 50 said.

Jackson said he has already signed former featherweight titlist Yuriorkis Gamboa, featherweight titlist Billy Dib and super middleweight contender Andre Dirrell.

–E. Parker, CBS Local

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 860 other followers