I feel like it would be pretty hard to get banned from Saturday Night Live especially because it’s a show meant to make you laugh. It’s one thing to never get asked back but it’s a different ball game when you get banned….just ask these 9 people who aren’t allowed back!
1. The punk band Fear for trashing the “SNL” set back in 1981
2. Steven Seagal for being a bad host and being a jerk to the case and crew. He hosted back in 1991. The next year Lorne Michaels told Nicolas Cage that steven was “the biggest jerk who’s ever been on the show.”
3. Adrien Brody for a horrible 45 second ad-libbed introduction to musical guest Sean Paul in 2003.
4. Elvis Costello for playing his politically charged song “Radio, Radio” in 1977 even though he was explicitly told to play his single “Less Than Zero.” His ban however was lifted in 1989 and he’s performed several times since.
5. Frank Zappa for doing a terrible job for hosting the show in 1978.
6. Martin Lawrence for being extremely filthy in his monologue in 1994. He dissed the censors and launched into a commentary about feminine hygiene.
7. Cypress Hill for lighting a joint onstage and trashing the stage and their instruments during a performance in 1993.
8. The Replacements for a bad drunken performance in 1986. The missed whole verses, repeated lyrics, stumbled into each other, messed up guitar lines and screamed obscenities at the audience.
9. Sinead O’Connor for ripping up a picture of the Pope, looking into the camera and saying, “Fight the real enemy.”