11 Things You Didn’t Know About Starbucks
Business Insider put together a list of facts that you may have not known about your favorite coffee house, Starbucks!
There’s a good chance that you’re drinking something from Starbucks right at this moment! It has become a global powerhouse and it only plans to get bigger!
Here are 11 things that you may not know about Starbucks:
1) Starbucks has grown by an average of two stores a day, every day of the week…for the past 27 years.
2) Santa Fe Springs, in Southern California, has the highest concentration of Starbucks stores in the U.S. There are 560 within a 25-mile radius.
3) Starbucks plans to add 1,000 additional stores in China–within the next year!
4) The have over 87,000 possible drink combinations.
5) A Starbucks Grande coffee has 330 milligrams of caffeine. In case you’re curious, that’s four times the amount of caffeine in a Red Bull.
6) Starbucks uses an astounding FOUR BILLION paper cups a year.
7) Profit-wise, they made $1.25 billion last enough.
8) “Starbucks’ large size used to be a 12-ounce “tall” to go along with an 8-ounce “short.” To cater to mainstream tastes, the company has added larger and larger sizes, including the 31-ounce “trenta,” which is larger than the human stomach.”
9) The most loyal Starbucks customers visit the store minimally 16 times a month. They also make up 20% of their overall profit.
10) “Starbucks spends more on employee healthcare than coffee beans each year.”
11) For this past Christmas, Starbucks sold 2 million gift cards everyday the week leading up to Xmas.